Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Toddlertivities: What Have We Been Doing?

We've been doing a lot of different activities over the past few months and I've decided to kind of put them all together in one post.


I've been trying to limit my crafts to about two or three a week because we are always drowning in paper.  I know. It's my fault.  It's hard though.  I'm a craft person.


So here are a few of the activities that we've been doing.  We've been skipping through some weeks and not doing much of anything but we have gotten some things done.






Valentine's Week





 
We did a sensory bin that Caleb loved.  Cate played with it too afterschool as a brain break activity during homework.  We just put some rose petals in water and gave him tongs, a spoon and a bin.  Oh, I'm resourceful too.  These rose petals were used in our wedding 7 years ago. LOL.
Then, we made a cross.  The heart represent the love Jesus has for us. 


The kids all helped making these.  I though the ice storm would keep us out of school for Valentine's day but...nope.  Last minute Valentines for Caitlyn.

Dr. Seus Week:


 
Gluing strips to make a hat before we just started twisting the glue all the way up.  The storytime craft at the library was also a hat. We are trying to get back to attending regularly because we have been MIA for a good while.
 
We checked out some Dr. Seus books for the week and tried to do a craft that went along with two of them.

Caleb is adamant that I am reading this wrong and he lets me know it every time I mention it.   It very clearly says. "orange fish, yellow fish, red fish, blue fish"

Caleb's Foot Book. For a whole week, he went around pointing at his and everyone else's feet, saying left foot, right foot.  I don't think he knows which one is which though.

On that Friday we had a Dr. Seus party and we watched The Lorax. 
....and made handprint mustaches.

....and had a "Hop on Pop"  balloon popping contest.  They used their feet, butts, and a chair and still couldn't pop them.  LOL.  The next day they decided to use pencils.

I think we all fell asleep either on the sofa or the floor this night.  I have no idea what happened to Lorax.  So I'm pretty sure I clocked out early.


Emotions Week:
If you're happy and you know it....
I have the cutest little video of Caleb making faces!  I want you guys to see, too.  However, I'm trying to decide if I want to put on youtube.


We always get mixed emotions going to the doctor. Me too.



Emotions Bingo - Cardstock and marbles.  I used happy, sad, mad and scared for our emotions but you could use any that you wanted.  I need to laminate this so it will last.

St. Patrick's Day:
Although I planned some, we didn't do any new crafts for St. Patrick's Day aside from this one.  But here are some from last year.

We also painted and colored number and letter printables from mr.printables.com.
  Some of the websites we have been on are starfall and abcya.com.  Youtube videos- Pocoyo, Charlie and the numbers

This month we are going to be learning about spring, Easter, and Earth Day.  The weather has been finally turning around over here, so we can go outside more.  It is looking and feeling more like Spring now.  We can finally get out of the house and be more comfortable.  Thank God.







2 comments: